Re: Keyboard macro with Isearch

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: Re: Keyboard macro with Isearch
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 13:55:59 -0400 (EDT)

After the confusion from my original post, I am still looking for a
solution to the "keyboard macros with Isearch" problem.

Kevin Boyd's response though not helpful for my problem does show exactly
what the problem is with Isearch.  If one wanted an Emacs macro using
Isearch to terminate a search, then one could explicityly add `RET' (or
for Kevin `C-m')  to terminate the search.  But even without `RET', a
macro using search terminates the search when the macro ends, rather than
keeping the search interactive.