Re: emacs-calc

From: Peter Tury
Subject: Re: emacs-calc
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:39:43 GMT

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:10:19 -0600, Kevin Rodgers wrote:

> Peter Tury wrote:
>> how can I download calc? Can it be used on Win (XP)?
>> I have Emacs 21.3.1 (a mingw build). I installed it simply and I can't see
>> any calc.el(c) etc.?
>
> Start here:
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/AdvancedDeskCalculator

Thanks!
Unfortunately it seems to me that I would need to build it: it is not part
of "standard" (Windows) Emacs installation :-(
Moreover, it seems that its development is stopped a few years ago :-(
However I may try it...

Do you know any alternative application? The most interesting things in
that for me were: 1) it is part of Emacs (now I see: not exactly); 2)
arbitrary precision; 3) programmability (through elisp?).

Thanks again,