Re: Debug lisp code

From: Michael Cadilhac
Subject: Re: Debug lisp code
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 03:35:33 +0200

David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:

> Michael Cadilhac <michael.cadilhac-@t-lrde.epita.fr> writes:
>
>>   Hi !
>>
>>   I've some kind of a freeze  in a function being a process filter. My
>>   problem is  that I can't figure  out where the infinite  loop is and
>>   it's a random thing, so I can't use debug-on-entry.
>>
>>   This function not being called by the user, C-g is not canceling it,
>>   so set debug-on-quit to t is useless.
>>
>>   So, is there a way to debug things like
>>   (run-with-idle-timer 1 nil (lambda () (while t)))
>>   ?
>
> (run-with-idle-timer 1 nil (lambda nil (let (inhibit-quit)
>   (while t))))

  Maybe I wasn't clear enough :-)

  Let's say I have a function runed with `run-with-idle-timer'. This
  function has an infinite loop somewhere in it.

  Now,  this  function  is  called,  asynchronously.  The  call  being
  asynchronous, I don't  know how I can stop this  function and have a
  backtrace, in order to know where the infinite loop is.

  I mean... with (run-with-idle-timer 1 nil (lambda () (while t))),
  how do you unblock emacs ?

  Thanks.

--
    Michael Cadilhac, a.k.a. Micha [mika] |
                    Epita/LRDE promo 2007 |  Please note that you should