Newbie question

From: Goli, Rajesh (Rajesh)
Subject: Newbie question
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 12:00:16 +0530

Hello,

I have been a vim user for sometime now and wanted to check out emacs. The
basic tutorial is good. It gave me a overview. My editing is mostly about
editing C/C++ code. Now can you help me out with the following:

* How to jump to matching brace, ifdefs etc?
* How can I get help on the things I do, like ":help case" in vim would tell
me how to manipulate cases of text?
* How can I pull down menus in xemacs without using keyboard?
* How can I set up ctags?
* How to learn advanced editing features incrementally?

Thanks in advance,
Rajesh