Re: Newbie question

From: Denis Bueno
Subject: Re: Newbie question
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 09:15:01 -0400

On 06 Sep 2005, at 02.30, Goli, Rajesh (Rajesh) wrote:

Hello,

I have been a vim user for sometime now and wanted to check out emacs. The basic tutorial is good. It gave me a overview. My editing is mostly about
editing C/C++ code. Now can you help me out with the following:

* How to jump to matching brace, ifdefs etc?

If you're on an open-brace, C-M-f will go to one character past the closing brace; C-M-b will go back. (Not sure about #ifdef's, although C-c C-p and C-c C-n might be what you want.

* How can I get help on the things I do, like ":help case" in vim would tell
me how to manipulate cases of text?

Not sure about the help, but:

    M-c will capitalize the word starting at the point (cursor).
    M-l will lowercase the word ....
    M-u will uppercase the word ....

-Denis