Re: lisp, gnus & mail

From: David Chmelik
Subject: Re: lisp, gnus & mail
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 20:32:39 -0700

You can put .el files (Emacs Lisp libraries) anywhere you'd like, as
long as that directory is in your load-path (C-h v).  If you have write
permission in the version-independent site-lisp directory, that's the
conventional place to put them; otherwise, create a subdirectory in your
home directory for personal add-ons.

Read the Lisp Libraries node of the Emacs manual, and the Byte
Compilation node of the Emacs Lisp manual that it references.

Thanks, I found a dir to put rmime.el in... i wonder if it would be possible to make rmail open dirs before choosing an RMAIL or instead of XMAIL default... i should look at the rmail & gnus lisp. My slackware cd must be corrupt because emacs has no lisp info, i hope it is on the .iso which i will reinstall without copying to cd 1st.

You can definitely do more in VM than Rmail, especially with MIME
support and virtual folders.  Since VM isn't part of Emacs, you should
post a more specific question on gnu.emacs.vm.info