ispell-dictionary with aspell

From: Sebastian Luque
Subject: ispell-dictionary with aspell
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 00:46:51 -0500

Hi,

Even though I have the following:

(setq ispell-program-name "aspell"
      ispell-dictionary "english")

when I do M-$ to check some spelling, I get the following backtrace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Error: No word lists can be found for the
language \"us\".")
  signal(error ("Error: No word lists can be found for the language \"us\"."))
  error("%s" "Error: No word lists can be found for the language \"us\".")
  ispell-init-process()
  ispell-buffer-local-words()
  ispell-accept-buffer-local-defs()
  ispell-word(nil nil nil)
  call-interactively(ispell-word)

and the value of ispell-dictionary after that gets set to nil.

However, if I do M-x ispell-change-dictionary RET english RET, then
there's no problem.

Has anybody else seen this or have some pointers on what's going on?

Thanks in advance,

--
Sebastian P. Luque