Re: etags: M-. jump to the tag(called func), but then how can i jump BAC

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: Re: etags: M-. jump to the tag(called func), but then how can i jump BACK(the calling line)?
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 01:05:56 +0000 (UTC)

David Kastrup
<dak@gnu.org>], who wrote in article <85r7bonqpl.fsf@lola.goethe.zz>:

> You could have cut your decade of bitching short.  The function was
> provided in 1998, more than 7 years ago.

I see.  I tested 21.3, and could not find it there; obviously it was
an operator error, but I can't reproduce this now...

And given the useless docs, the function is not as visible as it
should have been.

> > All that I said is that
> >
> >   a) I have no incentive to check whether the Emacs 21.4
> >      implementation is sane; and

> Well, then you should also have no incentive to bitch about it.

Please allow me judge my incentives myself.  Thanks.

> So you reserve the right for bitching without checking whether it is
> warranted?

Depends on my prior experience with the package and its maintainers.
The situation with maintainers of Emacs became significantly better
during the last 5 years.

And judging from your reply, still no 'redo' functionality, right?

Thanks,
Ilya