mac os x 10.4 emacs keys with Xmodmap

From: arno
Subject: mac os x 10.4 emacs keys with Xmodmap
Date: 22 Sep 2005 02:59:46 -0700

not withstanding some hints here. i cannot get to use the meta/alt keys
in gnuemacs in the X11 environment.

i like to use emacs in -nw mode on my xterm (running screen) on my 12"
powerbook
running 10.4. i run Apple's X11 with quartz-wm, simple and fast.

right now my Apple/Command and alt/option keys do not allow me to use
the
meta (M-) keys in emacs. very annoying.
can anybody clearly say what to put in the ~/.Xmodmap file to remap
these keys?
when running xev and pressing alt/option i get something with 66 and
when
doing that with Apple (left) key i get 63.
and what to do with the X11 Preferences when it comes to Input options.

cheers,
arno.