help on emacs,telnet and cygwin

From: rajkumar mathavan
Subject: help on emacs,telnet and cygwin
Date: 27 Sep 2005 05:09:05 -0000

Hi,

i'm an emacs new bie.

I'm trying to use GNUEMACS on Cygwin/X on a Win2k machine to access a linux machine via telnet.
I'm able to connect to the Linux machine and no problem with that.

All i wanted to do is to have my Emacs[running on Cygwin/X], access the Linux file system.So that i'll be able to open the source files, work on them, compile and execute them with the GNU tools avaialable with the linux machine itself.

Now i'm only able to access the files and the compiler avaialable in mye cygwin and win2k environment.

Can any one guide me on making this happen?

rajkumar