Re: More unicode blocks?

From: Shaddy Baddah
Subject: Re: More unicode blocks?
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 22:59:59 +0800

Hi,

Shaddy Baddah wrote:
> I have no problems displaying and editing these characters under the
> big5 coding scheme, so they are obviously well supported by emacs (and
> it's internal coding scheme, right?).
>
> So, what is the impediment, or perhaps rationale, behind the lack of
> support for the additional unicode blocks at this stage of Emacs
> development?
>
> Is it simply to do with someone having to implement some type of
> character translation tables, or is there/how much more is there to it?

Sorry to bump this, but I really am dying to know (I don't want to be
forced into using eclipse for my editing of utf-8 encoded traditional
chines characters. I'm willing to do the hard labour of mappings to
avoid this).

TIA,
Shaddy

P.S: Is the emacs community dwindling, and does that explain the
unenthusiastic (well... non-existent) response to my questions?

P.S.S:

> P.S: please honour my reply-to email field.
^^^