Re: How to avoid splitting words on newline?

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: How to avoid splitting words on newline?
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 21:17:08 GMT

"Paminu" <jadajada@asd.com> wrote in message
news:dhc352$24m$1@news.net.uni-c.dk...
> In emacs if I write a word it will get split in two when I get to the
right
> margin. How do I get the whole word on the next line?

This is a normal feature of a continuation line (line with bent arrows
on left and right fringes of long lines.  If you move the cursor to
anywhere in a paragraph and then type M-q, you will cause the text to
fill to the width of the variable 'fill-column (default = 70). You can
set this to whatever you want with C-u (your-number-here) C-x f [no
spaces].
Also try "C-h i u u u .... until ding... m emacs <ret> s filling <ret>"
[no quotes, no spaces]. Then read all about it.

Good luck,

Ed