Tiger upgrade (mac osx): help needed!

From: Kiran
Subject: Tiger upgrade (mac osx): help needed!
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 06:25:42 GMT

I just did an "archive install" type of upgrade from 10.3 panther to
10.4 tiger. Many questions:

1. Carbon Emacs breaks. I use it a lot, Any solution?

2. The x11 that came with tiger also doesn't work (icon bounces once
and quits). Any ideas?

3. My home folder, applications I had placed on /MyApps, fink stuff in
/sw etc are of course untouched. What do I need to save from previous
system before I can trash the folder? All I can thibk of is /usr/local.
Anything else?

Thanks