Re: info about email client with emacs

From: Jochen Küpper
Subject: Re: info about email client with emacs
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 18:42:19 +0200

"Sauro Cesaretti" <sauro.cesaretti@cheapnet.it> writes:

> I'd like to know how can I use emacs editor like email client. I
> know that I can use it for reading email and news but I don't know
> how I can do it.

There are several Email/News clients for Emacs. If you want to do
both, I would suggest to use Gnus. It already comes with Emacs, so you
can start it simply by M-x gnus, but I would suggest you start by
reading part of the manual:
,----[ (info "(gnus)Starting Up") ]
| If your system administrator has set things up properly, starting Gnus
| and reading news is extremely easy--you just type `M-x gnus' in your
| Emacs.
`----

Greetings,
Jochen
        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)