IPA input

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: IPA input
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 04:09:33 GMT

Dear Emacsniks:

I am trying to get ipa glyphs into a buffer under w32 emacs 21.3 Windows
98. After C-x ret C-\ ipa the input method is switched but hollow
rectangles appear instead of the ipa characters.  This happens with
arialuni, cardo, and doulos sil ttf fonts, all of which contain these
glyphs according to the display utility Babelmap. Most of the other
input methods produce recognizably unrecognizable characters with
arialuni but I get nothing using the ipa method. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ed