Re: Tiger upgrade (mac osx): help needed!

From: Kiran
Subject: Re: Tiger upgrade (mac osx): help needed!
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 05:22:38 GMT

Richard Maine <nospam@see.signature> wrote:

> > The install cd won't let me install just x11 unless I reinstall all of
> > 10.4.
>
> Eh? Are you sure? That sounds unfamiliar. On the other hand,
> what would sound very familiar is...
>
> Did you fail to notice the X11 installer on the 10.4 install CD. It is
> easy to miss, as several people (myself for one) can testify. Mount the
> install CD. Then scroll the window down. It's down there below the
> default vies.

The installer is in an upgrade dvd from 10.3 . As I already have 10.4,
it won't let me proceed to the step you are describing.

Another person (herapx@gmail.com) has posted similar experience: "When
I try to install x11usr.pkg, I am told that i am not allowed to do that
because newer software is already in the computer. Where? What do i do
now?" See that thread.