Re: Tiger upgrade (mac osx): help needed!

From: Kiran
Subject: Re: Tiger upgrade (mac osx): help needed!
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 06:24:23 GMT

Richard Maine <nospam@see.signature> wrote:

> Did you actually look on the dvd and scroll down? The only step to
> proceed through is mounting the CD and scrolling down. Do  *NOT* start
> an install or upgrade. Just scroll down the window. Really. Try it. If
> you are talking about "not getting to that step", that sure sounds like
> you are trying to do an install/upgrade instead of just scrolling down
> the window.

Great, I scrolled down the window without running anything and found
"optional installs" somewhere below and that did the trick!

You guessed right, I was running the installer and hoping at some point
I'd be offered a choice to install just one package (x11).

> And I've seen several other people get the same message from installing
> the x11usr.pkg from Apple. Where did you get x11.pkg if it wasn't from
> the DVD? If it was from Apple's web site...

It was. When I couldn't install from dvd installer, I tried apple's web
site and got that package.

So, thanks again, the problem is solved.