Re: missing tutorial for emacs 21.3

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: missing tutorial for emacs 21.3
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 13:05:32 +0200

Am 01.10.2005 um 03:18 schrieb Eric Finnin:

Where can I find a copy of the Tutorial for emacs 21.3?  I know it should be found at /usr/share/emacs/21.3/etc/TUTORIAL, but I can't find it anywhere on my computer.  Emacs appears to work fine otherwise.  If it matters, I installed Emacs when installing Mandrake 10.0 and did not do it manually.

What happens when you invoke C-h t?

If this does not find the tutorial then Mandrake left them away or put them into another package. It's probably easy to extract them from an Emacs source archive (tar zxf <Emacs src>.tar.gz emacs-21.3/etc) and move the TUTORIAL files to their right place.

--
Greetings
  Pete

Wasting time is an important part of living.