Re: undo custom delete

From: Shug Boabby
Subject: Re: undo custom delete
Date: 5 Oct 2005 09:47:00 -0700

thanks Johan,

I had already read the documentation about this list... but my lisp
skills are weak and it seems that buffer-undo-list can contain many
different types of elements, namely an element can be of the type:

  position
  (beg . end)
  (text . position)
  (t high . low)
  (nil property value beg . end)
  (put-text-property beg end property value)
  (marker . adjustment)
  nil

how can i get the first element from the list, and once i have it test
which type it is, reference it's components and delete it from the list
if need be.

it doesn't seem to record the operation that was performed... but the
object type (text . position) is the important one... i want to check
if the element is of this type, and if it is, then i want to be able to
do more checks on the position part before proceeding.