Re: Emacs with Gtk - monochrome toolbar icons

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: Emacs with Gtk - monochrome toolbar icons
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 17:10:33 -0400

>>>>> "Klaus" == Klaus Falb <klaus.falb@aon.at> writes:

Klaus> I've downloaded and compiled Emacs from CVS with the GTK
Klaus> toolkit.  Everything works fine, but the toolbar icons are
Klaus> monochrome.

Sounds like you passed the --without-toolkit-scroll-bars option to
configure.  (Or perhaps that is the default?)

Klaus> Can I tweak Emacs to use the standard GTK icons in the toolbar?

Use --with-toolkit-scroll-bars on the configure line.

(But run ./configure --help to be sure I spelled it correctly.)

NB the gtk bars do not give the same functionality as emacs' native
   bars (which are based on the Athena Widgits' bars' functionality)
   but instead work like the bars in any other gtk app.

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr. <cloos@jhcloos.com>