Re: paren match hightlightning

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: paren match hightlightning
Date: 10 Oct 2005 16:28:33 +0200

+ bernhard <bbfk@gmx.net>:

| when starting emacs options->paren match hightlightning is not
| enabled. Please let me know how to incorporate the feature in .emacs etc.
| in order to have parenthesis hightlightning enabled. May be this is an
| auctex feature?

Short answer:  C-h a paren RET.

Slightly longer answer:

(if window-system
  (add-hook 'find-file-hooks #'(lambda () (show-paren-mode 1))))

- Debating gives most of us much more psychological satisfaction
  than thinking does: but it deprives us of whatever chance there is
  of getting closer to the truth.  -- C.P. Snow