Re: Customizing lisp-mode

From: Brad Collins
Subject: Re: Customizing lisp-mode
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 23:58:12 +0700

I need to get around to doing exactly the same thing.

The best approach is to create a derived-mode based on lisp-mode.

There are a couple of examples of how to do this on
http://www.emacswiki.org

Search the site for derived-mode.

In this way you can use everything in lisp-mode and just add the
extra font locking that you want.

Creating a derived mode was one of the first things I tried to do when
learning elisp so it is pretty easy to do when you see the examples...

If this doesn't work, drop me an email off list and It'll force me to
write the damn thing and give you a template for your mode.

Cheers,

b/

--
Brad Collins <brad@chenla.org>, Bangkok, Thailand