Re: HOWTO: Ispell multiple regions?

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: Re: HOWTO: Ispell multiple regions?
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:53:57 +0000 (UTC)

Kevin Rodgers
<ihs_4664@yahoo.com>], who wrote in article
<mailman.11780.1129660075.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>:
>  > AFAIC, ispell-region() does not provide a way to query "the status of
>  > operation".  Thus my idea is that the following code:
>  >
>  >   (my-map-regions
>  >    (function
>  >     (lambda (s e)
>  >       (ispell-region s e)
>  >       ;; Bulk out if user pressed 'x' or 'q' - but HOWTO?
>  >       )))
>  >
>  > would not be easily breakable out by 'x' or 'q'.
>
> What commands are invoked by `x' and `q' in ispell-region?
>
> You could advise those commands to throw to a tag that you establish
> with catch.

No such command.  See `ispell-command-loop'.  Of course, one could
advise ispell-command-loop itself to propagate ispell-quit (which is
going to be reset to nil later) to, e.g., ispell-quit-pos.

Is it possible to do advising "locally" (like let()ting), so it is
automatically undone when the calling function exits?

Thanks,
Ilya