Re: change the way emacs executes xdvi?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: change the way emacs executes xdvi?
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:35:30 +0200

Paminu wrote:

I have installed emacs,xdvi, tex and auctex under cygwin for winXP.

I would like to change the way that emacs executes xdvi. Right now it does:

c:\cygwin\home\diku>bash --login -e xdvi c:/cygwin/home/diku/haps.dvi&
bash --login -e xdvi c:/cygwin/home/diku/haps.dvi&
xdvi-xaw.bin: Fatal error: Could not open `c:/cygwin/home/diku/haps.dvi': No such file or directory.

But if I in run just type:
bash --login -e xdvi /home/diku/haps.dvi

it work! How do I make emacs "drop" "c:/cygwin"?
I have no solution. I just want to say I do not understand how Cygwin handles file names. I can for example do

   ls "c:/program files"

in Cygwin bash.  It seems a bit inconsistent if your case does not work.