Re: I seek QA for CPerl 5.2 (Emacs mode)

From: Randy W. Sims
Subject: Re: I seek QA for CPerl 5.2 (Emacs mode)
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 15:52:20 -0400

Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
Randy W. Sims
<RandyS@thepierianspring.org>], who wrote in article
<435556D7.7030303@thepierianspring.org>:

One wierd problem I find is if I load two copies of a certain file it becomes develishly slow to do anything, even scrolling. This doesn't seem to happen on all files; not sure if it's size or content related yet.

It looks like it is indeed a bug in font-lock.el.  At least I put a
workaround for this bug in v5.7, and the slowdown (apparently)
disappears; see

  ilyaz.org/software/emacs/

The workaround itself may slow things down, but I hope its effect will
not be noticable.

It seems to be working fine now. I'll try to exercise the package over the next few days to see if anything else pops up, but so far it looks great.

Thanks for your work on cperl-mode. I can't imagine coding without it.

Randy.