Re: printing ediff

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: printing ediff
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 23:17:46 +0200

Kevin Rodgers wrote:

rajenho (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:
>   I want to send out a package for code review. I work in a
> predominantly microsoft environment and in my company we distribute
> printed packages for code reviews with original and changed code. I
> really like the ediff utility to see the code differences. Can someone
> tell me if there is a way to print the code differences that i see with
> ediff utility?

Your window system should have a utility that you can use to print the
Emacs frame.

I don't think you can do what you want inside of Emacs, because ediff
displays the original file and new file in separate buffers.  You can
print either of those buffers (or a region in either buffer) with M-x
ps-print-buffer-with-faces (or M-x ps-print-region-with-faces), but you
can't print both at once.

I thought that maybe this could be done the way I do printing in EmacsW32. I let htmlize.el convert the buffer to HTML and then the web-browser prints it. (This could be done on any system that has a web-browser, but EmacsW32 implements this for w32 only. Just a little change to the code should make the "preview" part portable I realize right now ...)

Unfortunately this did not work for the ediff buffer in my test now.

Hrvoje, you are the author of this excellent package. Do you know why it does not work for an ediff buffer? Or rather: maybe can I guess why, but is that something you plan to implement?;-)