Unable to send give input to lisp, hassle in non-fundamental modes

From: nick
Subject: Unable to send give input to lisp, hassle in non-fundamental modes
Date: 21 Oct 2005 03:03:51 -0700

Hello,

I'm configuring emacs for the first time and am not sure what I'm doing
wrong...

I've got GNU Emacs 21.3.50, Common Lisp (OpenMCL), and Haskell (Hugs98)
running on OS X 10.3.9. I can open an emacs *shell* window and run
haskell or lisp, no problem, but as soon as I switch to "lisp-mode" or
"haskell-mode" <RET> no longer sends input to the haskell or the lisp,
even at the end of the buffer (the 'font-lock and indentation, etc work
fine), even after switching back to fundamental mode.

"M-x run-lisp" and "M-x run-haskell" both behave the same way. This
behavior is the same if I'm in lisp, haskel or any interactive shell.

Thanks for your time

Nick