Re: Wait for compile to finish

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Wait for compile to finish
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 07:18:34 +1000

bago@ludens.elte.hu (Toto) writes:

> My question is:
> Is there a synchronous version of compile? Or how can i determine that
> compile has finished (and get the result of the compilation - success
> or failure)?

Personally I use a shell script "mr" and run that instead of "make"
from M-x compile, it does a compile and runs if successful.  You get
compile errors and program output both in the compilation buffer.

If you really want to know in elisp when M-x compile finishes, have a
look at makeinfo-compile in makeinfo.el which does that sort of thing,
but it's not too pretty.