Re: Unable to send give input to lisp, hassle in non-fundamental modes

From: nick
Subject: Re: Unable to send give input to lisp, hassle in non-fundamental modes
Date: 21 Oct 2005 23:50:31 -0700

Ok... I'm... kind of slow sometimes, sorry...

I fixed my "problem." I hadn't figured out the difference between
lisp-mode and inferior-lisp-mode, and haskell-mode and
inferior-haskell-mode...

haskell-mode features things like font-lock, the ability to write
multiple lines, etc--then a quick C-c C-z pulls up the interpreter in
the shell-like, slightly bare-bones inferior-haskell-mode (in which
<RET> correctly sends emacs to comint-send-input). The
inferior-haskell-mode threw me off because it doesn't appear to work
with font-lock. Still no font lock with lisp-mode, hopefully I can get
SLIME to work!

Thanks for your help

Nick