Re: etags for windows ?

From: Marcel Lautenbach
Subject: Re: etags for windows ?
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 20:09:08 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
From: Marcel Lautenbach <marcel.lautenbach@t-online.de>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 15:29:34 +0200

short question: Is there a way to use etags on windows????

The same as on Unix, I'd say:

    etags *.c *.h *.cpp

or (if there are subdirectories with source files)

    find . -name "*.[ch]" | etags -

If your problem is with the (usually missing on Windows) Find command,
then download and install the Windows port of GNU Find, e.g. from the
GnuWin32 site.

If the above doesn't help, please ask more specific questions.

Hi,

thanks for this reply. Well, as far as I know etags is an extra program shipped with unix like Operating Systems. On windows I am not able to use the etag program. I also tried to find it with ports of GNU's find or which. Aktually I am searching a port of etags for windows :-) Any idea?