Re: Indenting in HTML mode

From: Anselm Helbig
Subject: Re: Indenting in HTML mode
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:59:00 +0200

At Sun, 23 Oct 2005 01:36:36 -0400,
Tyler <tyler.smith@mail.mcgill.ca> wrote:

> I'm trying to edit an HTML file, and I am unable to indent lines with
> the tab key. The only thing that I've managed to make work is to mark a
> region, then C-x tab to indent that region by 1 space. Also, on text I
> have yanked into the file from the clipboard I can tab as expected.
> However, all the text I entered directly into Emacs is 'protected' from
> tabbing. What am I doing wrong?

What html-mode are you using? I assume you are using
html-helper-mode. This mode only seems to indent lists, selects and
tables. Modes which handle the indentation of other elements properly
are psgml-mode and nxml-mode, maybe you should try one of those. They
are not yet part of emacs, though.

Regards,

Anselm