Re: meta key problem C-M-\

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: meta key problem C-M-\
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 03:42:25 -0400

>> I can't find your modifier.el
> Actually, right now I repopulated ilyaz.org/software/emacs.  It should
> be in "el" archive 2005-09.

Yes, I found it there, but I was talking about finding it in Emacs.

> Right.  RMS rewrote it some way; since I did not use his version, I
> did not know for a year or more that his version was severely broken
> (e.g., it did not work with terminal keyboard sequences like F1).  It
> was discussed here on g.e.h...  Maybe it works better now,
> checking...  No, it is still borken with 21.2...

I haven't tried your code yet, but looking at it I'm wondering: how do you
type in H-C-x (assuming you don't have a Hyper modifier on your keyboard)?

IIUC after you hit C-x ESC h, the call to read-key-sequence will not let you
hit just C-x (because it's a prefix key).

OTOH Emacs's version doesn't allow you to cumulate the sticky modifiers, as
in C-x @ c C-x @ m \ which IIUC your version allows.

        Stefan