Re: Disabling blinking cursor

From: onestatusquo
Subject: Re: Disabling blinking cursor
Date: 27 Oct 2005 11:56:46 -0700

Andrea Vettorello wrote:

> I can confirm that on Debian (Sid) the cursor on xterm doesn't blink,
> at least as default. If you are using a gnome-terminal you should find
> an option on "Profile" to disable blinking, instead if you are using
> the text console, you can put the following line

I am running standard xterm, not a terminal.  Never had issues with
until I upgraded to Linux Fedora Core 3. The default 21.3.1  emacs that
comes with it has that issue and I cannot turn it off when I use the
-nw "no-window" switch. Where do I submit this bug to so they hopefully
fix it later releases.

> echo -e '\033[?17;0;127c'>

This has no effect on anything but thanks anyway.