Re: global-set-key + query-replace-regexp

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: global-set-key + query-replace-regexp
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 16:45:18 GMT

<luca.spinacci@selex-comms.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.12914.1130425477.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org...

> I would like a short key to invoke query-replace-regexp command.
> I tried
> (global-set-key [f1] 'my-query-replace-regexp)
> (fset 'my-query-replace-regexp [?\C-\M-%])
> but the key "f1" invoke (M-x query-replace-regexp "" "" nil nil)
>
> ...Is there a way to call query-... interactively  via a short
> key (M-x query-replace-regexp excepted!)?
>
> Thank you,
> Luca.

I have found that keeping fingers close to the home keys is more
conducive to efficiency than almost anything else. Since you quickly get
used to the M-x keychord (Alt-x on my Dozer), it's easier to add keys to
that sequence via an alias in your .emacs:

(defalias 'qrr 'query-replace-regexp)  [This enables M-xqrr]

I would save the F-1 to F-12 keys for things that are done less often.

Ed