Re: howto: 2 users interactively edit the same file ?

From: Bernard Adrian
Subject: Re: howto: 2 users interactively edit the same file ?
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:06:35 +0100

Tim X <timx@spamto.devnul.com> a écrit :

>> Do you think :
>> - emacs can't make a frame on X from a tty ?
>> - my window manager (ion3) can't accept this feature ?
>> - I did a mistake ?
>
> Its unlikely it can be done from a tty - I don't think emacs will be

I decided to use emacs-multi-tty. Works fine. I had tried it before
but i was wondering if it was a good idea to remove emacs21. Hoping a
new version of the official GNU/Emacs will soon allow us to use the
multi-tty feature.

What is amazing, on my mind, is that it is possible to launch emacs21
from a tty on a X window (emacs -display=:0.0), but not possible to
create a frame on a X window from an emacs21 running in a tty...

--
Bernard Adrian
http://bernadrian.free.fr