Re: How to know which function a menu item calls?

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: How to know which function a menu item calls?
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 15:47:01 +0100

+ Ralf Angeli <dev.null@iwi.uni-sb.de>:

| * Weihua JIANG (2005-11-06) writes:
|
|>  However, I don't know how to know which function calls when I clicked a
|> menu item?
|>  Can any one tell me how to know it?
|
| C-h k

Which of course has an unhelpful prompt (Describe key:).  If the
prompt were to be changed to say something like "Describe event (key,
mouse or menu selection):", it would be more obvious what it can do.
It doesn't matter if the prompt is long, since at most, a few key
strokes need to be echoed in the minibuffer next to it.

If some emacs maintainer reads this, please consider it a feature
request, even if it is in the wrong forum.  ;-)

- Debating gives most of us much more psychological satisfaction
  than thinking does: but it deprives us of whatever chance there is
  of getting closer to the truth.  -- C.P. Snow