Re: printing from w32 emacs

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: printing from w32 emacs
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 08:07:16 +0100

B. T. Raven wrote:

Has any of you out there been able to print from emacs to your local
printer? My installation is acting as if I am printing to NULL. This is
from an emacs 21.3 on win98 to a Canon i850. Neither PRN (default) or
LPT1 works as 'printer-name, quoted or not. Printer works fine if I
minimize emacs and run any other windows app incorporating a print
function. I had same results with an HP laserjet.
I would appreciate any light any of you could throw on this problem.

Thanks,
Ed
See http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32.html

You should be able to use EmacsW32 ver 0.92 together with Emacs 21.3. This will add some simple printing capabilities to Emacs. It is however using your web browser. Are you able to print to your local printer from your web browser?