Re: List of major modes?

From: rgb
Subject: Re: List of major modes?
Date: 9 Nov 2005 17:34:53 -0800

> C-h f tooltip-mode RET gives a default help string. This actually says
> that tooltip-mode is not documented.

I was hoping you were right but C-h f tooltip-mode gives me this:

tooltip-mode is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `tooltip.el'.
It is bound to <menu-bar> <options> <showhide> <showhide-tooltip-mode>.
(tooltip-mode &optional arg)

Not documented.

[back]

Popping into tooltip.el shows this:

(define-minor-mode tooltip-mode
  "Toggle Tooltip display.
With ARG, turn tooltip mode on if and only if ARG is positive."
  :global t

The reason for the help string not showing up makes me doubt
the reliability of the results returned by Kevin's routine.