RE: More imenu questions

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: More imenu questions
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 09:04:01 -0800

    I wish someone would tell me I'm wrong but imenu doesn't support any
    kind of heirarchy.  You're getting a "Section" menu that contains a
    bunch of "setup" entries without any indication of which subtest it
    belongs to right?

    AFAIK, the best you can do is to specify () or nil for the menu names
    and include the testcase/subtest/section keyword in your match group.
    Obviously, then, you can't use any sorting on the imenu index because
    it's only the position in the list that gives you an idea of what
    groups your entities belong to.

    I've been trying to find time to enhance imenu myself because I have
    several modes that need hierarchy support but it's just not happening.
    If someone else has done something I'll be downloading it right away
    but I've not seen anything.

I haven't been following this thread, so I'm not sure what you mean by
"hierarchy". If you're looking for how to make an imenu menu with submenus,
you might look at library `imenu+.el' for an example:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/imenu%2b.el.

HTH,

  Drew