Block curser with console Emacs

From: Torsten Bronger
Subject: Block curser with console Emacs
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 02:50:58 +0100

Halloechen!

I changed the shape of my terminal cursor with
send-string-to-terminal with Emacs 20.7.  With recent Emacs versions
this doesn't work anymore.  I can see my custom cursor for a
nothingth of a second, then it's gone.  I use term-setup-hook for
this.

Is there an alternative to manipulate the console appearance?  In
particular, a hook that is called "late enough" so that the cursor
can be influenced?

Tschoe,
Torsten.

--
Torsten Bronger, aquisgrana, europa vetus            ICQ 264-296-646