Re: quick change of face-size?

From: knubee
Subject: Re: quick change of face-size?
Date: 12 Nov 2005 07:58:51 -0800

>> it it relies on the existence of fonts that correspond to those
>> size increments.
>
> Yes. But, as I said, you can control the increment size.

Drew, I think it is great how you write and post so many emacs utility
files. However, this last comment of yours (and several others you
have made) suggests that I am not being clear about why the solution
implemented in zoom-frm.el is fragile.

Consider that someone has a family of fonts in the following sizes:

9
10
12
14
15
22

Simply selecting the NUMBER associated with the current font size and
incrementing/decrementing that value by some fixed numerical value is
not guaranteed to consistently return an existing font, no matter what
the increment/decrement value.

When I get the time, I will try to hack together a solution based on
your zoom-frm.el and some of the results returned by
x-list-fonts (thanks for the pointer, rgb).