Re: Interrupting shell-command

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Interrupting shell-command
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 11:37:52 +0100

Am 13.11.2005 um 03:45 schrieb August Karlstrom:

Does anyone know how to interrupt a command invoked with the function shell-command?

When I type ! in dired-mode on a directory and type then 'ls -lR <RET>' I can stop this recursive listing with C-g.

When I do 'M-x shell-command <RET> ls -lR <RET>' I can stop this too with C-g.

This won't work when you make the shell command an asynchronous one, one which ends in & and is executed in the background without connection to a terminal (tty). This one can only be stopped with 'kill <pid>.'

--
Greetings

  Pete

Without vi there is only GNU Emacs