Re: can one run tk/Ruby gui code from an emacs shell with compile?

From: Anne G
Subject: Re: can one run tk/Ruby gui code from an emacs shell with compile?
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 06:32:25 -0500 (EST)

> > But compile still can't find tcltklib from emacs.
>
> Could be the Makefile uses the wrong name. On my Panther system there
> is no file with the string tcltklib in it. There too is a TclTk add-on
> for Mac OS X: http://tcltkaqua.sourceforge.net/

tcltklib is a folder in the 1.8.3 source folder in ext
directory. I find it on my system as a bundle.

I was worried that emacs might be using the ruby 1.6 which
comes as a default on panther, so I deleted two folders that
had 1.6 in it, and checked terminal still runs my snipet.

Now the error message in emacs  has changed:
dudruby3.rb:1:in `require': No such file to load -- tk
(LoadError) from dudruby3.rb:1

So emacs was using 1.6 instead of 1.8.3 before!

But somehow removing the couple 1.6 directories did not
solve my problem, just changed it a bit. Now it does not
know what to do with require tk at all.

The DLY directory line seems permanently removed.

> > I am going to upgrade to Tiger on monday. It will have ruby
> > 1.8.2 I will try to reinstall emacs, and see if it is the
> > same in tiger.
> >

> You probably know there there is a Tiger version of the Japanese Carbon
> Emacs ...

http://home.att.ne.jp/alpha/z123/emacs-mac-e.html

I think this is what you mean. It is the same emacs I
downloaded except I would download the tiger version.