can one run tk/Ruby gui code from an emacs shell with compile?

From: Anne G
Subject: can one run tk/Ruby gui code from an emacs shell with compile?
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 19:16:01 -0500 (EST)

What is the story, one step too many and you fall back into
the infierno, orpheus or some such?

Turning the le into el and rebooting, emacs now gives me a
permission denied on line 1, which is the require 'tk' line.
turning the .el back to .le did not get it to work again.
There is no Dyld that I can see.

EMACSDATA=/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/etc
EMACSDOC=/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/etc
EMACSLOADPATH=/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp:/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/leim:/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/site-lisp
EMACSPATH=/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/libexec:/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/bin
HOME=/Users/anne
INFOPATH=/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/info
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin
PWD=/Users/anne/Desktop
SECURITYSESSIONID=211460
SHELL=/bin/bash
SHLVL=1
USER=anne
_=/usr/bin/env
__CF_USER_TEXT_ENCODING=0x1F6:0:0

Oh well, terminal still works fine. And well, I have learned
something about the complexity of setting things up to work
together!

~/.bashrc has
# add /usr/local/bin to the path
export PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH

this does not have your " quote" but adding the " does not
resolve this new permission denied mesage. This is how it
was when it worked.

I had not added anything in this file about Dyld apparently.
Just entered the command at the prompt.

I did not touch the ~/MacOSX/environment.plist
 version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST
1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd";>
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
         <key>PATH</key>
<string>/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Litteraly, the only things I changed knowingly was adding
the " " in ~/.bashrc and removing them, and changing file
from .le to .el and back to
carbon-emacs-builtin.aspell.le
carbon-emacs-japanese-init.el   carbon-emacs-path.el

Strange. Bummer

anne