Re: How to create my own mode?

From: Jeckob
Subject: Re: How to create my own mode?
Date: 21 Nov 2005 03:12:55 -0800

Ok, got it. Thanks again...

Maybe u can give me some hint on another Emacs Problem? I already
posted a thread for this problem but nobody could give me a proper
answer. So here is my Problem:

If i activate these custom-set-variables

 '(scroll-margin 4)
 '(scroll-preserve-screen-position t)
 '(scroll-step 1)

and restart my emacs, everything is fine! At the top an the bottom of
the page i have a margin set to four lines ant the text scrolls line by
line...But if i set the following custom-set-faces and activate my
hl-line-mode, i get problems

 '(my-highlight-line ((t (:inherit highlight :background "MidnightBlue"
:foreground "White" :box (:line-width 1 :color "grey75")))

Scrolling at the top and bottom is no more line by line, but jumps half
of the page to center again...disabling hl-line-mode brings back the
normal behaviour. Wrote also a thread to gnu.emacs.bug  but got no
reply from them...

Sorry for my bad english, but im not a native speaker....thanks