Re: Changing Color Of Column # In Modeline

From: M Jared Finder
Subject: Re: Changing Color Of Column # In Modeline
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 22:26:19 -0800

gamename wrote:
Hi,

How can I change the color of the column number displayed in the
modeline when when its greater than a certain value?   The coding
standard where I work requires that all code be within 80 columns.  So
I would like to create an eye-catcher by changing the modeline column
value to red after the point exceeds the 79th column.

Is that possible?  Does anyone have a code snippet which does that or
something similar?

Margin-mode <http://www.xanadb.com/archive/emacs/20040630> sounds like what you want.

  -- MJF