Re: Is it possible to set a "goal column" for 'beginning-of-line'?

From: Herbert Euler
Subject: Re: Is it possible to set a "goal column" for 'beginning-of-line'?
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:32:25 +0800

But 'avoid-columns-1-7' is not proper due to my confusing description.

It seems 'avoid-columns-1-7' is able to afford this after being generalized,
although that is not a good manner (I mean, adding such a command to
'post-command-hook' is not elegant since it prevents moving to there only,
and such content might still be modified; besides, it is really dangerous).

Regards,
Guanpeng Xu