Configuring eager (ie. less-lazy) faces in psgml?

From: John J. Lee
Subject: Configuring eager (ie. less-lazy) faces in psgml?
Date: 24 Nov 2005 13:33:14 +0000

I find psgml's syntax colouring behaviour on my machine irritating: it
(or perhaps the emacs code it depends on) lazily colours documents,
and I don't understand the algorithm used to decide when to do the
work of colouring a region.  I frequently find myself with in a big
region of uncoloured text, with no means of requesting that it go
ahead and do the colouring work.

I want to configure psgml to be less lazy about colouring text, or at
least find some equivalent of font-lock-fontify-buffer to force
colouring of the entire buffer.  (I'm hazy about all this, but IIUC
psgml does not use font-lock, which explains why
font-lock-fontify-buffer doesn't work.)

Can anybody suggest any ways of doing that?

Thanks in advance for any help

John