I prefer horizontal split of windows

From: Joakim Hove
Subject: I prefer horizontal split of windows
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 14:21:04 +0100

Hello,

when emacs displays 'extra' information, i.e. the results from M-x
apropos it splits the frame in two windows vertically. Now, I
generally prefer vertical splits, and would like this to be the
default. My plan for how to achieve this was by splitting the frame in
two windows horizontally *prior* to the (internal) split window call
in the relevant emacs functions. To achieve this I would like to
advice the relevant function, but I don't know which function this is.

So if you have followed this far: which function should I advice? And,
how could I find out this myself (with a trace/debugger??)?

Best Regards

Joakim Hove

--
Joakim Hove