Re: rmail: dealing with mailing lists ?

From: Xavier Maillard
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 19:06:00 +0100

Henrik Enberg <henrik.enberg@telia.com> writes:

>> From: Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org>
>> Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 15:27:09 +0100
>>
>> I am trying to test rmail (so I can write an article on our
>> wbsite).
>>
>> I am asking how people can use rmail and read
>> huge-traffic-mailing-list.
>>
>> Do you have special configurations ? Is there some sort of
>> auto-splitting/filtering on header I may have not seen ?
>
> Well, you can use multiple inboxes which get their mail from different
> places if you wish.  C-u M-x rmail RET will prompt you for a mailbox
> (you can choose a new, non-existing one here) to open, and once you're
> in one, you can use M-x set-rmail-inbox-list to say what mailspools this
> mailbox should read from.

This is a nice solution but I just discovered C-M-t and friends and also labels.
My problem is I read my mails from one and only one mailspool (/var/mail/zedek
as
asked to fetchmail).

Well I will try to live as is.

I have another trouble : when pressing m, I end up into a Message buffer and
not into a mail-mode
buffer. What should I tweak to use the default mail-mode ?

Thank you all for your help
--
Xavier Maillard